It’s simple and reliable construction makes the AS Annular BOP ideal for operating in rugged, harsh environments and in extreme temperatures.
Features and Benefits
The CANSCO AS Annular Blowout Preventer (BOP) is built for surface (land, jack-up, platform etc.) applications worldwide and comes in a range of well bore sizes and working pressure ratings to suit the full range of well construction, completion, workover and intervention activities. It’s simple and reliable construction makes the AS Annular BOP ideal for operating in rugged, harsh environments and in extreme temperatures.
The AS packing element, energised by hydraulic operating pressure, can achieve complete shut-off on well open-hole, and well annulus shut-off on virtually all profiles of Kelly, drill string pipe and collar, casing and tubing string, tool joints and wireline. In addition the flexibility of the AS packing element allows well annulus shut-off to be maintained as the string profile changes dynamically, permitting stripping of drill string under well pressure.
Other Features & Benefits
• Minimal components, compact construction
• Forged housing and piston components
• Wear band feature prevents dynamic metal-to-metal contact
• Stainless steel inlay on all ring grooves as standard
• Upper housing mounted lift points
• Rugged packing element construction with integral steel segments to support reliable sealing performance on a wide range of string profiles
• Certified rubber goods for packing elements and hydraulic operating system
• Easy to operate and service
• Optional Closing Pressure Surge Kit available for stripping operations
• Compliant with NACE MR-01-75 requirements
• API 16A monogrammed.
AS Annular Type BOP – Major Parts:
AS Annular Type BOP - Product Line
AS Annular Type Brochures
Manufactured under a joint cooperation between CANSCO and BOMCO.